Washing & Conditioning
- Try to avoid shampoos with sulphates as these strip hair of moisture and will remove essential oils from your scalp
- For a deep scalp cleanse we recommend removing the closure or frontal and washing it separately.
- Use a conditioner after shampooing and be sure to rinse the conditioner off with cold water to enhance the strength and shine of hair. Let the closure or frontal dry thoroughly before re-installing.
- Use a Luxeriva recommended oil to maintain moisturised tresses.
Day-to-Day Maintenance and Styling
Closures and frontals are delicate as each hair has been hand knotted to the lace base so treat with care, avoiding excessive rubbing, scratching or pulling
- Always de-tangle hair using a wide toothed comb or brush whilst it is dry and before washing, never comb or brush hair while wet because similarly to natural hair the strands are more fragile when wet and susceptible to breaking
- When brushing or combing your frontal or closure, hold hair at the root to avoid unnecessary tension and start combing the hair from the ends working your way up to the root
- Avoid excessive heat and heat-styling in general (if you can help it!). As with natural hair heat will damage the quality of the hair and this will become visible over time. Always ensure you use heat protector products when styling, though avoid using too much product (including gels and greases) on the delicate closure or frontal pieces
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water and protect hair from the elements if damage or detriment (dust, smoke etc.) is probable
- Have your closure or frontal lace bleached by a hair professional to ensure it matches your skin tone
- Have hair dyed or coloured by a hair professional
- Enjoy your hair!
Leave a comment
Also in LXRV
This post will lay out some useful information about Afro hair and how best to look after it.
Stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on your hair and hair follicles if left unchecked.
Create versatility and keep things fresh without damaging your hair!
LENGTH & INSTALL GUIDE: CLIP-INS
Clip-in extensions are a great way to boost the volume of your hair.
You can add clip-ins to canerowed hair but then the final result will be a thinner look (unless you use 2 packs). For the most voluminous style it's best to add 1 clip-in pack to your loose hair, canerowing or twisting away any hair that adds to much bulk (is there such a thing?!) to the style.
Suggested install pattern: place longer widths at back and across crown of head, wit shorter widths blended into hair at the front of your head. Use your natural hair to cover the tracks
sign up to our mailing list
Subscribe for 5% off your order + receive exclusive offers!